Announcing New Travel Agency Relationship: World Travel, Inc.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Penn Travel Services is pleased to announce that World Travel Inc. has been designated as a preferred agency for arranging university related reservations such as hotels, flights and ground transportation.
Three booking options:
- Dedicated support: 24-hour reservation center and a toll-free number dedicated exclusively to Penn travelers.
- Advantageous pricing: Assistance with locating lower fares, both domestically and internationally.
- Preferential bookings: Preferred seat assignments; class-of-service upgrades; and a host of other services through an automated review system customized for Penn.
- Significant cost-savings and fee-avoidance: Changes to travel are accommodated by E-Checker, a system that tracks electronic tickets and refunds the traveler for 100% of the cost of an unused refundable ticket; allows up to 24 hours to void non-refundable tickets (avoiding the airline $150+ re-issue fee); and tracks those tickets to apply costs to future trips.
- Itinerary Management: The ability to download Itineraries, up-to-the minute security briefings, travel alerts, and emergency information to your PDA or Blackberry.
- Direct billing: You still have the ability to direct bill through World Travel, Inc.
How to Register – The World Travel, Inc. Website
Before booking through World Travel, Inc., travelers will need to create a profile account and register their travel preferences using Concur, World Travel’s dedicated online system, by following these simple steps:
- Go to: www.upenn.edu/worldtravel
- Click on the blue button to create your online profile
- When creating an account, it will be necessary to supply the University’s registration code: “universityofpennsylvania”
- You will be asked to assign yourself a login (your email address) and password
- Use this login and password when making travel arrangements
How to Book Travel Online – The World Travel, Inc. Website
After you have created your profile account, you are now ready to book online:
- Go to: www.upenn.edu/worldtravel
- Click on the Online Reservations Tab in the main menu
- Enter the password and login that you created at the time that you registered
- When you make an online reservation, you are required to submit the name and email of the person who approves payment of your travel expenses. This person will receive an email notifying them of your reservation as well as additional email anytime changes are made to your reservation. Please keep this in mind when you fill out the information for this section.
We encourage travelers to visit the World website to create an account in anticipation of their future travel needs.
Important Information about Other University Approved Travel Agencies
In addition to World Travel, Inc., the Penn Community also has the continued option to utilize Premier Travel, Inc., another University preferred provider for travel related services. Please be aware, however, that Pennís agreement with American Express Travel for similar agency services expired on July 31, 2011.
Additional Resources and Information
To help you navigate the new site, Travel Services has provided three short, simple web tutorials that will walk you through specific tasks:
In addition, you can access helpful FAQs and a Quick Reference Tutorial. If you have additional questions, please contact the travel procurement manager, at email@example.com.