Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Enhancement Project
The Procure-to-Pay (P2P) Enhancement Project, a collaborative initiative between
Purchasing Services and the
the Comptroller, is intended to build upon the success of the past decade
and further enhance the campus-wide process of buying and payment for requirements
from external suppliers.
The P2P project team has identified five specific business objectives for
- Staff Training - Enhance end user training to improve the quality of purchasing data entered into the purchasing system resulting in a reduction of process exceptions and administrative rework in the Schools and Centers and central services offices.
- Process Improvements - Further streamline the business process and achieve greater compliance with requisitioning requirements, supplier invoice payment responsibilities, and utilization of preferred contract suppliers.
- Supplier Payment - Ensure payment of supplier invoices according to agreed upon buyer/seller terms and conditions in order to better leverage prompt pay discount opportunities.
- Cost Containment - Identify new institution-wide and School and Center specific contracting and cost containment opportunities.
- Technology Enhancements - Investigate new electronic invoicing and payment technologies that will lead to additional opportunities in the future.
The P2P Champions committee was formed to work collaboratively with Purchasing
Services and the Office of the Comptroller to communicate issues and findings,
lead efforts in the Schools and Center, accomplish broad P2P business objectives,
and use measurement reports to identify and eliminate process exceptions.
P2P User Guide Web Site
The P2P User Guide website,
launched in June 2007, contains purchase and payment method process documents to assist
faculty and staff with the purchase of and payment for products and services from
Existing training materials are continually enhanced and new training materials
been developed for purchasing system users and purchasing card cardholders.
Procure-to-Pay Performance Metrics
have also been established to measure performance against annual goals and objectives.
P2P Project Progress Reports
Beginning in FY2009, monthly P2P Process Exception reports will be issued to all
BEN Buys system users. Monthly "Status Report & Goals" and
"Exception Summary" documents will continue to be posted below.
Please submit all procure-to-pay project related questions and concerns to the
P2P Project team.