Buying Information >
Supplier Lists >
The University's Sole Source Contract Supplier of Equipment
Maintenance Cost Containment Services
The Specialty Underwriters Equipment
Maintenance Program, an innovative alternative to traditional "Original Equipment
Maintenance (OEM)" annual equipment maintenance agreements, offers a significant cost
savings opportunity to departments without negatively affecting the service provider or the
quality and timeliness of equipment repair and service. Under this new program with Specialty
Underwriters, University departments can continue to receive support from the same
service providers they currently use.
This program is the result of a partnership with the
Educational & Institutional Cooperative Service (E&I),
the Purchasing Services collaborative buying business partner.
About the Program
To request more information on this cost effective alternative to traditional OEM contracts,
and to receive a formal price quotation, contact the Specialty Underwriters representative
|Supplier Contact Information
|BEN Buys Supplier #:
Client Service Representative:
Phone # (800) 558-8910, ext. 2773
Fax# (414) 281-1100
Manager, Commercial Account Services:
Phone #: (800) 558-9910, ext. 2727
Fax #: (414) 216-0399
How to Obtain a Price Quotation
- If your equipment is currently under a maintenance contract, send a copy of your current contract to the Specialty Underwriters contact listed above.
- If your equipment is not under a maintenance contract, please submit the following information to the Specialty Underwriters contact listed above.
- Equipment description
- Make, model, serial number
- Equipment location (department name and address)
- Original purchase price (if available)
OEM’s Currently Not Covered Under The Specialty Underwriters Program:
A BEN Buys purchase order must be issued to Specialty Underwriters for the quoted price.
About the Program
The University implemented this program on April 16, 2006. Between April16, 2010 and January 15, 2012, the following benchmarks have been met:
- University departments using the contract: 54
- Manufacturers serviced under the contract: 57
- Number of assets under contract: 494
- Average savings on each individual contract: 25%
- Average annual contract cost savings to the University: $219,192